Monday, May 24, 2010

Test Drive: Aveeno Nourish +

I have a weird obsession with shampoo. I love browsing the salons, drugstore aisles, those stores that sell salon hair care like Rickys, searching for my next shampoo purchase. I read ingredient labels, ponder whether I should buy the color treated or volumizing formula, and rarely finish an entire bottle before I'm on to my next fix. While I have a taste for the more expensive salon brands (a la Redken, bumble and Bumble and Kerastase - trust me, when it comes to hair care, the pricier brands are worth it), but I had been intrigued by Aveeno's Nourish+ line for some time now, so I scooped it up at CVS and took it home for a whirl.

The Experience:
My initial thought was hmmm this is a little on the expensive side for a drugstore shampoo ($7.50 at CVS), but I brought it home and lathered up. I used the Nourish+ Volumize formula, and I was super impressed that it was a rich, creamy lather as opposed to the usual gel formulation of volumizing shampoos that make you feel as though you might as well be washing your hair with Dial Antibacterial bodywash. The smell was delish, and the lather really made me feel like my hair was not being stripped and that when I rinsed it would be nice and clean - and soft. And it was just that. My hair felt strong, soft, nourished and had a nice bounce post blowdry. After several washes, the results keep getting better.

The Verdict: 
A fantastic drugstore shampoo that is perfect for anyone looking to inject some strength and nourishment into their hair. Won't strip or dry out, the lather is decadently creamy and damage is repaired. Choose from Moisturize, Revitalize, Volumize, Soothe and the newest version, Shine. Aveeno Nourish+ is also gentle and won't fade hair color. Pick it up at drugstores and click here for a free sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails