Thursday, May 27, 2010

Keep Your Cool in Hot Weather

So unless you've refused to leave your house in the past few days, chances are you've noticed it's H-O-T outside (hovering around 90 to be exact). I was shlepping around the city the other day meeting with a temp agency (unfortunately momma needs a day job while she moonlights as freelance writer/blogger/future NYT best-selling author) and I literally blew into the lobby like a tornado, profusely sweating, trying to change from my TB flats into my 4-inch heels while not falling over. The heat really snuck up on me, (wasn't it 50 not too long ago?), otherwise I would have been prepared with my favorite freshen-up products. Check them out below. 

Avalon Organics Deodorant Spray is a product I never would have picked up and bought, but in my former PR girl life, we represented this company and I got to try this for free and I am absolutely hooked. I don't actually use it as a stand-alone deodorant, but it's a-mazing as an all-over body spray/refresher. These deodorants are so pure and natural they only contain alcohol and essential oils. The alcohol kills bacteria so you're nice and fresh, while the essential oils nourish and uplift. My fave scents are Grapefruit & Geranium and Rosemary & Mint. I spray all over my body, in my shoes, on my sheets, you name it. Store in the fridge for an extra burst of cool.

It may seem a little silly to pay $10 for mineral water in a spray form, but Evian Mineral Water Spray does the job of like 80 products. This cool and refreshing mist (again, store in fridge for ultimate refreshing experience) rehydrates, revives makeup, removes perspiration, salt and chlorine (bring it to the beach!), and also instantly soothes sunburned skin. Obviously it goes without saying, but when spritzing your face, keep the bottle a reasonable distance away; you want to mist yourself, not look like you've dumped a bottle of water over your head. 

What's your favorite summer refresher?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails