Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Runway Beauty: Marc Jacobs


Backstage at Marc Jacobs last night was a whitewash of pale, almost ghost-like models and not a hint of bronzer in sight. Makeup artist Francois Nars (namesake of one of my all time favorite cosmetics lines - NARS) created the borderline gothic looks by using NARS Sheer Matte foundation in Siberia, loose powder in Snow on the face, and went for a dramatic black and white lined eye with eyeshadow duo Pandora. The look was finished off with a deep wine lip courtesy of Pop Life. 

It's bold, it's out there, it's totally Marc, but will you be tossing your bronzer in favor of the whitewashed look? I'll definitely try the deep wine lip, but I don't think I can give up my love affair with Too Faced's The Bronze and The Beautiful palette anytime soon. I call it the Nicole Kidman theory. Unless you're Nicole Kidman, you don't look good pale. Which is why I generously apply bronzer year round.


I may not be the hugest fan of the makeup look, but the clothes, I will always die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails