Monday, November 2, 2009

Beat the Winter Blahs

It's about that time where the weather starts to take a real turn for the worst - cold, gloomy, rainy/maybe even snowy and factor in daylight savings, and now we're waking up in the dark and coming home from work in the dark. I don't know about you but all that cold and dark just makes me feel blah. My favorite pick me up is a little (and I do mean little) dose of self tanner and bronzer - i.e. the goal here is to look warm and glowy, not like you just came back from Aruba.


My favorite new self tanner for the body is L'Oreal Sublime Glow Luminous Bronzer, an instant bronzing lotion with a hint of shimmer and self tanner in one. The Sublime line as a whole is pretty good, but I love this so much because it's super versatile. I usually like to apply self tanner before bed, leaving enough time to dry of course because I hate the tacky feeling and the stink, but this has neither. It's perfect for an instant boost, like when you forgot to tan your legs and you're wearing a mini dress that night, and the shimmer is soft and natural. Plus it reminds me of the very pricey Shiseido self tanner that I can no longer rationalize buying at the moment.


Moving along to the face. Bare Escentuals Warmth is the perfect non-bronzer bronzer. It's technically a tawny colored mineral powder meant to warm up the face and it does just that, without looking too brown, orange or harsh. It provides a sheer, warm glowiness that is perfect for the winter when you don't want to have a super dark tan but the pink blush just isn't doing it. Lightly buff it around the hairline, jawline, bridge of nose and cheekbones, then top with a little blush on the apples. I also like to dust it over my eyelids, it just perks up your whole face.

It sounds weird but when I'm feeling especially blah I even forego dark nail polish in favor of either a nice neutral pink like Essie Mademoiselle, a bright orange red like Sephora by OPI High Maintenance, or one of the new magenta shades. Check out my post from September for some recos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails