Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Eye Cream Diaries: SK1N Probiotics


So I've started using a new eye cream in my quest to find "The One," and I wanted to share my initial impression. Now, eye creams (and really any skin care product for that mater) take a good few weeks to really see the results so I'll regularly update you on my progress.

The cream in question is SK1N Probiotics eye cream, which uses the power of probiotics, typically used to aid digestion (come on, you know the commercial with Jamie Lee Curtis and Activia yogurt). The whole shtick with probiotics is that they regulate bacteria and restore balance, therefore ensuring that there is sufficient good bacteria and that bad bacteria is kept in check. This is the first beauty brand to use both prebiotics, which essentially activate probiotics, and probiotics topically, so naturally, I was intrigued.

The company claims that the natural probiotic ingredients repair environmental damage, rejuvenate collagen synthesis and tighten the eye area to give a lifted look. My initial thoughts? I definitely felt the tightening effect. Within minutes after applying, my eye area looked and felt firmer. The texture is nice, not greasy, which can sometimes be the case with eye creams. So far so good; I'll let you know if I notice any significant results. I'm also using the face serum, but that's a whole other story.

Read up at the SK1N Probiotic Systems website for more info about the brand, it's a cool concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails