Monday, November 30, 2009

Airplane Travel: Your Skin's Worst Nightmare

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday weekend filled with family, friends and plenty of food. For many of us, the holidays mean not only lots of food, but lots of travel, and with me specifically, it involves getting on a plane and praying that the flight isn't delayed/cancelled/oversold. I've been quite the jet-setter recently, having moved out of state and having to fly back frequently to the east coast, and have noticed a disturbing phenomenon: my skin looks like hell after flying. The yucky airplane air makes me breakout like crazy, while simultaneously dehydrating my skin. Not cute. Have no fear, I've found the solution to this major problem.


To battle breakouts: I apply Kinerase Clear Skin Treatment Serum before boarding. This lightweight serum does it all - treats and prevents breakouts and controls oil, while kinetin fights the signs of aging. I also like to use it day and night for a few days after my flight just to keep everything in check. At $79 it is a bit pricey, but it works, and if you just use it at key times when you need a little breakout prevention (flying, pms) it will last a long time.


To battle dryness: Creme de la Mer is the mother of all moisturizers for a reason. It's super hydrating, and I've also found that it really soothes skin that's been irritated from windburn. We all know this is expensive: $130 for 1 oz., but unless your skin is severely dry, you really don't need to use this everyday (the Lotion and Gel Creme however are perfect for daily use on skin that's combo or normal). It's also super concentrated, so you only need to use a tiny amount. A more budget-friendly option is Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (also a cult fave) at $17.

One of my favorite things to do to refresh is just spritz my face with a little Evian Facial Spray. It's an instant pick me up when you're feeling stale, for lack of a better word. And of course, don't forget the lip balm and hand cream. I love to carry on Smith's Rosebud Salve, which works wonders on everything from dry, cracked lips and hands, to ragged cuticles, burns, even frizzy hair and when you're carrying on, the less crap you take with you, the better.

Happy traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails