Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Three L'Oreal Mascaras, Three Different Looks

I'm a huge mascara buff, as many of you know. I love lashes, and I think a swipe (or 10) of mascara can really change your look. Blonde lashes are black, tired eyes look awake, you get the picture. And if I can offer one piece of mascara advice it's this: get it at the drugstore. Yes, you heard right, toss those expensive department store mascaras (after you've used them up of course) and don't ever spend more than $10 on mascara ever again. You just don't need to. I have never tried an expensive mascara that beat out any of my drugstore faves, so why spend three times the price? L'Oreal and Revlon by far have the best mascaras out there and I recently had the pleasure of trying out three of the newest L'Oreal mascaras, and I love them all for very different reasons.


First up, L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara, which just launched this month and features the spherical brush made famous by Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes. I had never used the Givenchy mascara before and I was really skeptical about this spherical brush situation. While the brush does take a second to get used to, it really does create that fanned out effect that would come to mind when you think explosion. The brush really gets in the inner and outer corners and works well for the bottom lashes. Perfect for when you want a full fan of lashes.


Next, L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara is supposed to mimic the effect created by lash extensions. Having has lash extensions myself, I knew exactly what I was looking for when I tried this out. This dual-ended mascara contains a nourishing white base coat of Ceramide R and D-Panthenol and the black coat darkens lashes. You do really have to use the black coat generously to make sure to fully cancel out the white coat, but this mascara definitely delivers on its promise of extending lashes with little tubes. It left my lashes crazy long and really did create a similar look to when I had extensions.


Finally, L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen is definitely my favorite, for obvious reasons - it's the most volumizing! The brush is huge and creates super full, lush lashes, but what I love most is that they're still separated and defined. Volumizing mascaras are a slippery slope because sometimes volume turns into lashes that are stuck together. Extra Volume Collagen created deliciously thick lashes. This has turned into my new daily staple!

Pick all three of these up at your local drugstore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails