Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why Don't You Try...Brown Mascara

Years ago before I saw the beauty light, I would have died at the thought of using brown, or black/brown mascara. I used to find the most blackety black black formula and put on about 12 coats until one time I went to the drugstore and they were out of my beloved Revlon 3D Extreme in Blackest Black, they didn't even have regular old Black, so I bit the bullet and bought the Black/Brown. 

When I put it on I was surprised to find that black/brown is totally warm, flattering and perfect for daytime. Instead of the usual carbon black shade, my lashes were enveloped in a chocolately veil (ok maybe I'm getting carried away here but I was surprised how defined, yet natural they looked). So if you've never considered black/brown mascara before, have an open mind and check out my two picks below.

Of course Revlon 3D Extreme makes the list. I can't believe this mascara doesn't get more buzz; it's hands down the best I've ever used. It creates major volume, length, curl - it truly does it all. If you like major lash, run to the drugstore and pick this up! It tops every mascara I've ever used, and I've used them all.

For major length and a natural fullness, try Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous in brownish black. The long brush creates amazing length, subtle volume, plus I love the shiny patent finish it leaves behind.

Each is available at drugstores for under $10. If I can make on recommendation, it's to never pay insane prices for mascara. I've yet to find a high end mascara that is any better than the $10 ones from the drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails