Friday, June 25, 2010

My Favorite Lip Product: the Glostick

Ok, so this isn't a real term, I just made this up now when thinking of a word to marry two things a la Brangelina. I've been having a problem with my lip color lately because I'm so over lip gloss being totally sheer and wearing off after five minutes, yet I'm not in love with the full coverage "hey you're wearing lipstick look" of lipstick. Enter the solution: the Glostick (pronounced like glow-stick). 

A Glostick is a super creamy and moisturizing semi-sheer lipstick with a shiny finish. Luckily fab makeup brands Dior and Clinique make my two favorite Glosticks, and they are everything you've been dreaming of and more.
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick is a translucent, long lasting lipstick that has a creamy high shine finish. I love this product so much I find myself slathering it on almost like a lip balm. It feels so light and moisturizing, yet delivers real color payoff with a nice shine that isn't overly glossy/tacky. Plus every single shade is completely wearable since the formula is translucent (sheer). Pick up at Sephora for $26.

The name Clinique Color Surge Butter Shine lipstick pretty much says it all. Rich, creamy color, lips drenched in moisture, and a nice natural shine are all what you'll get from this amazing $14 Glostick. Like the Dior, the colors are beyond wearable - if you've ever wanted to try red, berry, coral, Glosticks are the time to do it. Visit the Clinique site to view colors and purchase.

What's your favorite? Gloss, lipstick or Glostick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails