Monday, June 21, 2010

Test Drive: Pantene Solutions

For years Pantene has been winning magazine reader's choice awards so obviously the masses love it, but I've always been sort of eh about the products. That is, until the brand unveiled its new Solutions collection; various lines of shampoos, conditioners and styling products developed specifically for hair types. 

It always blew my mind that shampoos and conditioners only catered to one hair type - as if hair couldn't be color treated, fine and frizz prone all at the same time. I used to stand in the drugstore forever, debating on which formula I should choose, ultimately creating my own collection of shampoo for color treated hair, conditioner for fine hair, and smoothing serum for frizz prone hair. 

The new Pantene Solutions collection does away with all that by creating lines developed for hair texture, and then within those lines, customized products for specific concerns. For example, within the Medium to Thick collection there are sub-collections such as Frizzy to Smooth, Dry to Moisturized, Breakage to Strength and Flat to Volume. Total genius! So all you have to do is pick your hair type: Color, Fine, Medium to Thick or Curly and then pick the appropriate collection for your hair concerns. Fine haired girls can now have moisturizing shampoos and conditioners that won't weigh hair down, color treated hair can now have a formula for shine. 

I was having a major case of flat hair lately due to the humidity and soft water, so I tried the Flat to Volume shampoo and it gave me lasting volume, without stripping my hair dry. Totally in love. Visit the Pantene website to peruse the collections and pick the right one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails