Monday, October 26, 2009

Back From the Dead


I have been sick something fierce since Wednesday afternoon, and I'm just now starting to feel like a human being. I think it started out as the flu, then evolved into a bad cold, and now a cough has suddenly appeared, so I think it might be time to get thee to the doctor.

Now that I'm finally not bed-ridden, I've begun to notice the beauty toll my sickness has taken on me. Totally white skin from lack of self-tanner use, chipped nail polish on nails that need to be filed immediately, grown out eyebrows, dirty hair, yikes. The one thing that hasn't suffered is my skin. No matter how sick I am, I make sure to clean my face day and night.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing at the sink lathering and rinsing, being sick (or extremely tired, or after a late night of partying) is the perfect excuse to break out some good old cleansing towelettes - pre-moistened cloths that remove dirt, oil, even eye makeup.  Check out my two favorites.

Olay Definity Illuminating Makeup Remover Towelettes effectively remove everything - even waterproof eye makeup, while also revealing beautifully clean, more luminous skin. Now I'm a sucker for anything that has "illuminating" in the title, because I'm always in search of that glowy look, and these actually deliver. I've used them on many a late night and they really do get rid of the grime without drying you out, and I actually did notice a difference in skin clarity.


Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes go beyond just basic cleansing to detoxify with antioxidants Vitamin E and Grape extract, Vitamin B5, which infuses skin with moisture to prevent overdrying and Green Leaf extract, which soothes and refreshes. The texture of these cloths is awesome - it feels like you're smoothing a super soft t-shirt over your face. 

Stash them in your nightstand drawer and you'll really have no excuse not to cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails