Monday, January 4, 2010

Detox After the Holidays

The holidays are over, it's back to work, and I feel like I need another vacation. All the traveling, visiting family and friends, cocktailing and lack of sleep can really do a number on your face. So when I woke up yesterday looking puffy, dehydrated and dull, it was time to pull out the old detox routine. When I've been living in excess, a few key products always bring me back in balance.



Biologique Recherche Biomagic Mask is an instant pick-me-up for lackluster skin. If you're not familiar with the brand, it's a French skin care line primarily sold in spas, but you can also order online here, that contains highly active ingredients, which means that sometimes the products don't smell and feel elegant, but they are so effective. Biomagic Mask is an energizing and balancing mask that leaves skin purified and glowing in only 15 minutes. It really is my go-to mask when I'm feeling a mess. I alternate it with Masque Vivant, which is perfect for when you're having an oily, breakout moment.


For dry, puffy eyes, nothing works like La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Eyes. This is a refreshing, hydrating gel that contains caffeine and de-puffs in minutes. The key is all in the application: dot the gel around the under and upper eye area and massage in a circular motion until fully absorbed to drain the fluid that causes puffiness. I always dot on an undereye corrector or brightener after (I love Smashbox Photo Op, check out more info here, or Neutrogena Skin Soothing Under Eye Corrector) in lieu of concealer, which can look a little cakey when your eye area is in disarray.

Then I just apply a super hydrating but gentle moisturizer (you can't go wrong with Kinerase Cream, it's a classic, effective moisturizer you can even use on post-procedure skin), generous amounts of bronzer (Too Faced Sun Bunny), the perfect pinky peach blush (NARS Orgasm) and my mascara du jour, L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen. Voila! Looking normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails