Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Put the Lime in the Coconut


It's still vacation mode here at Beauty is the New Black, and I keep imagining I'm back in St. Lucia in the sand and sun and not enduring 100 mph winds on the East Coast. Here's me, sans a speck of makeup, trying coconut milk straight out of the coconut. It's surprisingly spicy and sort of peppery, as opposed to sweet. This inspired me to round up my fave coconut scented products, in an effort to bring a little bit of the islands here to the dead of winter.


Noah's Naturals Coconut Vanilla hand and foot cream smells so delish you could eat it (but please don't). It's also insanely moisturizing and really rich, perfect for dry winter feet and hands. Sweet Almond oil and Coneflower extract get the job done, while the yummy sweet scent makes you forget that it's 2 degrees out. Plus one product does double duty for only $7.99. Pick it up at retailers like Walgreens.


What I wouldn't give to own every single scent of Philosophy shampoo, bath and shower gel. It's impossible to pick which scent is my favorite, but Coconut Frosting is definitely leading the pack. I love that these are three-in-one, so they're perfect for traveling, and this formula, thanks to its conditioning agents really quench skin and hair. Plus it's not sickeningly sweet like some Coconut-scented products. It's just enough scent.




I love Kiehl's lip balm #1, check out a previous post here. It's so moisturizing, healing and protecting, and bonus: it comes in a delicious coconut flavor. I love a good flavored lip balm, but sometimes they can be more about the flavor and not so much about the moisture. Kiehl's is the perfect balance of a lip balm that works with a sweet flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails