Thursday, January 7, 2010

Test Drive: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse


If you're a regular on here, you know my love affair with bareMinerals by now. If you need to be reminded of the extent of my craziness, check out said psycho raving posts here, here and here. As much of a devotee I am to my bareMinerals, I have to admit I was intrigued by Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse, especially since it promised a 100% poreless airbrush finish. I've had airbrush makeup before and it really looks so natural, yet covers everything and has amazing staying power. So even though I felt so guilty abandoning my bareMinerals, I thought what kind of beauty writer would I be if i didn't test out the goods?

The Experience:
Upon first application I have to admit I was grossed out. I've been using mineral makeup for a good five years now so it was quite a shock to apply liquid makeup. Although after multiple uses I got used to the feeling of liquid again and if you're a regular liquid user, this actually is light compared to some. It also dries to a really nice, natural finish in seconds. I applied with a foundation brush (specifically the one included in this kit), all over, starting at the middle of my face and blending out, paying special attention to blend down from the jawline to the neck, and then stuck my face an inch from the mirror and surveyed the results. Was the finish 100% poreless? Absolutely. I was shocked. I am shiny with visible pores and Dream Liquid Mousse floated on and didn't settle into pores as promised. Other bonuses: I didn't get shiny and it held up well after hours of wear.

The Verdict:
Delivered on its promises. Definitely check out Dream Liquid Mousse if you're looking for a natural airbrush effect on the cheap (under $10) and for skin that truly is poreless. Available at drugstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails