Monday, January 10, 2011

Everything Old is New Again

In the new year I usually decide to revamp my makeup and skin care wardrobe, but I already have so many products that even for a beauty aficionado like myself, it's getting to just be too much. So I decided that instead of buying a slew of new items, I would scavenge my existing goods and rediscover old favorites. 

There's always those amazing staples that I adore, that one day I come across and am thinking why did I ever stop using this!? In no particular order, here are my old faithfuls:

Revlon 3D Extreme mascara is one of those mascaras I occasionally cheat on because I just can't help myself, and then I start using it again and vow to never use anything else. It creates amazing length, volume and curl and strangers (yes, really) always comment on how long and thick my lashes are and ask me if I'm wearing falsies. Major bonus: it's under $10.
NARS Orgasm blush is one of those cult products that everyone raves about, but unlike some others (I'm talking to you Maybelline Great Lash!) actually lives up to the hype. It's the perfect peachy pink with a subtle golden sheen that works on everyone regardless of skin tone. I like to mix up my blushes depending on season and my makeup looks, but if I could only choose one for the rest of my life, this would be it. 

It's really hard for me to commit to a skin care product because there's always something "new and revolutionary that will change your life" hitting the market. Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment is something I always have close by because it smooths fines lines, brightens skin and protects with antioxidants. At $98 it is a little bit of an investment, but unless you're very dry, it can replace your daytime moisturizer.

What are your recent new discoveries from your existing stash?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails