Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Test Drive: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

With a name like Magic Perfecting Base, I had high hopes when I first tried this product. Most people don't know this, but L'Oreal has a professional hair care division used exclusively in salons. I guess they're taking that approach with makeup and bringing a professional division to the masses a la Studio Secrets, a line of professional makeup available in drugstores that is very reminiscent of Makeup Forever. Even the packaging looks the same to me. 

I had been dying to try Magic Perfecting Base for some time, since I absolutely love primers. A primer is a completely non-sexy makeup product, but I can't get enough of them.

The Experience:
Magic Perfecting Base is definitely not your typical primer, and you'll realize that as soon as you dip your hand into the tub. Now, I have no clue why they opted for a tub instead of an airless pump, because the thought of repeatedly sticking my fingers into something sort of grosses me out, not to mention it's really not the most convenient form of delivery, but all that aside, when you first feel Magic Perfecting Base it's very thick, almost gummy/pasty as opposed to the lotion/serum texture most primers have. Because of the consistency you really have to spread this out, but immediately on contact it feels silky and pores and uneven texture disappear. Skin is left with a natural matte finish. Blotchy areas are even toned down. It's also oil free and non comedogenic. 

The Verdict:
Definitely a go I say. As far as primers go, it's a good one that fills in pores, lines, uneven texture and just generally makes skin look better before you even have foundation on. Also, I have yet to see a decent primer at mass, and at $13, you can't beat the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails