Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Test Drive: Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub

I'm really not big on facial scrubs because they usually feel grainy and scratchy, but I picked up Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub on a whim when I forgot to pack cleanser on one of my many trips. It was cheap, it was a cool blue color and in the recent heat wave, the word invigorating sounded pretty damn good.

The Experience:
A little goes a long way with this facial scrub - all you need is a pea-sized amount. I loved the fact that it created a rich, foamy lather to take the edge off of the scrubbing beads, which actually felt smooth instead of scratchy and harsh. And thanks to a dose of menthol, this is one of those wake up your senses (and clear your sinuses) type of scrubs. If you're like me - a zombie until a cup of coffee - this is the perfect morning pick me up. 

Due to lots of travel, I had been neglecting my usual facial routine so I was in desperate need of a good exfoliation, and this scrub made my skin feel soft, smooth and decongested. Plus it's gentle enough for daily use.

The Verdict:
If you love the feeling of freshly scrubbed skin everyday this is your gig. The foamy lather combined with the scrubbers really give skin a good deep cleansing, plus the jolt of menthol refreshes skin, and keeps it feeling that way long after rinsing. Pick up at drugstores nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails