Friday, August 6, 2010

Test Drive: L'Oreal Sublime Bronze SPF 15

It's been a sad little beachless summer over here at BITNB, and consequently I am paler than the Cullens. Now that I'm on a two week vacay, I've desperately (but safely!) been trying to impart a little glow. Enter L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning Lotion SPF 15, which is genius to me because you can be outdoors, not get burned, yet still get a (faux) tan.

The Experience
I usually apply my self tanners at night - stained sheets be damned! - because I hate walking around all day with the yucky self tanner feeling and smell. This actually had a nice fresh fragrance that only slightly took on that DHA odor we all know and hate later in the day. The consistency felt like straight sunblock - very rich. It definitely took a few minutes to dry, and I wouldn't recommend wearing your tightest fitting jeans when you have this on. 

I went about my business and by nighttime I was golden brown - seriously, the color that develops is A-Mazing. No orange in sight, it's a lovely natural looking brown shade that even shows up on pale skin. If you need to look tan in a hurry, this is your formula.

The Verdict:
For $9.99 this is a no-brainer. The tan that develops is beautiful, natural looking and rich, and you have the added protection of SPF 15 if you plan on being outdoors all day. Available at drugstores nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails