Friday, April 9, 2010

Test Drive: TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

So I let you all know on Monday about TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo via the fab Queen of the Quarter Life Crisis and I just had to try it out myself since like many things in life, a good dry shampoo is hard to find. I immediately went to CVS and found the one lone little bottle sitting there just waiting for me to buy it. Either CVS needs to hire some new stock people or this stuff is flying off the shelf.

The Experience:
I use dry shampoo for pretty much everything including to extend the life of a blowout and to add some texture, volume and hold even if my hair is freshly washed. The instructions said to shake vigorously before using and in between spritzes; maybe to keep the mineral clay from settling. Like all dry shampoos I spritzed all over roots, holding can about 8-10 inches from my head. The most notable difference from other dry shampoos I've tried is that it sort of feels wet when you spray it on, then you let it dry for a minute or two and brush. After brushing through my roots looked clean, my hair had some pliable hold and lots of texture. What I really loved is that it didn't leave behind that white, powdery effect that some dry shampoos can.

The Verdict:
Completely worth it. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo got the job done at an insanely low price. If you are a dry shampoo addict and don't want to spend $20 on a can that lasts less than a month, this is for you. Huge bonus: it's currently on sale at Walgreens for 3 for $10. Stock up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails