Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Using a Chemical Peel!

I know someone's going to say hello, you can only get a chemical peel inside a derm's office. Which is true. Chemical peels are serious stuff and not for the faint of heart. I know you've seen the SATC episode where it's Carrie's book launch party and Samantha looks like a burn victim escaped from the ICU after her chemical peel. 

I'm using a much more gentle and mild, yet still incredibly effective at-home chemical peel. One where you don't have to hide for a week after having it. I've been reading about the Exuviance Performance Peel AP 25 lately so of course I had to run out and buy it. The before and afters are crazy dramatic - skin texture is completely transformed. According to the website, the Exuviance Performace Peel AP 25 is:

A 25% blend of AHAs and PHAs including Glycolic Acid, Mandelic Acid and Gluconolactone that exfoliates dead, dull surface layers, and stimulates the process of cell renewal among all skin layers, to reveal healthier cells. Clinical studies indicate that after one month of twice weekly use:

    * 100% of users saw improvement in fine lines & wrinkles
    * 94% of users saw more even skin tone, texture & radiance

It also claims to refine pore size, brighten and even skin tone and improve clarity. You're supposed to use the peel twice per week for six weeks. I started the first treatment last night and it's super easy. You wipe the peel pad over your face, and sit for 10 minutes. Then you wipe the neutralizer pad over that, rinse with water and apply a gentle moisturizer (I used old faithful Kinerase Cream). I had zero irritation, which I was concerned about. 25% concentration of acids is nothing to scoff at, and my skin usually is not OK with high concentrations of Glycolic Acid, but there was no redness, burning, stinging, nada. After just one use my skin felt incredibly smooth so I'll keep you updated on the progress. 

Pick up the Exuviance Performance Peel AP 25 at Ulta stores nationwide or online here

Check out a before/after below for results after 5 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails