Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Give Us a Kiss

So I recently flew to New Jersey for my best friend's wedding and it was a glorious 60 degrees. I arrive back to Indiana and it's 30 and snowing and I'm pretty certain this will be a regular occurrence until about May. Ever since the drop in temp my lips have been severely chapped; and the fact that I bite them (really not good if they're already dry and cracked) isn't helping matters. It's officially time to bring in the big guns - check out my top three lip savers below.


Smith's Rosebud Salve is an all in one moisturizing wonder. Not only is it one of my fave travel products (check out my post here for more on that) but I love that it can be used under or over lip color. There's nothing worse than when you put on lipstick only to discover it goes on completely unevenly due to your dry, cracked situation. This salve smooths things out, looks nice on its own and is super moisturizing.


I love Kiehl's Lip Balm #1, both in the original formula with SPF 4 and the SPF 15 variety. The consistency is so smooth and super hydrating without feeling sticky or greasy. This balm leaves a nice, natural sheen behind and is perfect to put on before bed.

Philosophy Kiss Me Very Emollient lip balm is exactly what the name describes: it has a super rich, balm/salve-like consistency and it moisturizes so well courtesy of Vitamin E, kiwi and almond oils, you don't have to reapply it 20 times a day. I'm partial to the clear, which leaves a natural shine and the pink, which infuses lips with just a hint of natural pink tint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails