Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas in the Islands

This year I have the pleasure of spending the holidays in St. Lucia and I couldn't be more excited. The only (small) downside? Since it's the dead of winter where I am, and 85 where I'll be going, I have to pull all of my summer clothes out of storage and wash and pack them. And of course most importantly, I have to load up on sunscreen, which can be hard to find this time of year. Luckily my all time two favorite SPFs - La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid and Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 - are easy to find anytime of the year.


I apply the LRP Anthelios 60 on in the morning and then hit the beach or pool. For the level of SPF, I can't believe how light and non-greasy this formula is. It leaves a nice, refreshing matte finish behind instead of the typical greasy shine of other high SPF sunscreens. It's so light, I even use it as my daily sunscreen during the summer. Bonus: it's water-resistant and contains a power house antioxidant complex.


For mid-afternoon touch ups, I love to apply the Peter Thomas Roth mineral powder. I don't know about you, but I can't imagine baking in the sun, and then reapplying a lotion or cream sunscreen on my most-likely sweaty face - yuck! That's why this product is so genius: it's a mineral powder in a tube with a brush attached so application is a breeze, it travels well, and it doesn't feel heavy and gross after multiple reapplications. I always keep one on me no matter what the season.

La Roche-Posay can be found at CVS/pharmacy counters and Peter Thomas Roth can be purchased at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails