Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Test Drive: Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam

It may seem like a weird beauty item to be really excited about, but I love shopping for a new cleanser. Most people just grab whatever and go, but I spend many tens of minutes painstakingly walking up and down the drugstore or Sephora aisles carefully inspecting ingredient labels and looking for the words "removes makeup."

I had been a big fan of Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream (read up on that here) and decided to give the cleanser a go. One word - love.

The Experience:
The label lists grape and apple water extracts as two key ingredients (the grape protects from external aggressors and the apple maintains skin's moisture barrier) and this cleanser definitely smells light and refreshing. Also, something about the words grape and apple water just made me want to slather this all over my face. A little goes a very long way with this rich foam so just use a little pea sized amount to create major foamy lather. When I rinsed my face felt clean, fresh and hydrated. The best part though is that it removed every last trace of makeup; even eyeliner and mascara. I was majorly impressed because nothing (not even eye makeup remover on a cotton ball) gets all my eye makeup off.

The Verdict:
Two thumbs up on this one. If you're looking for a gentle and refreshing cleanser that won't over dry and removes all traces of dirt, oil and makeup (oh and at the fab price of $5.99) pick up Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam.

Availability:
Drugstores nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails