Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Test Drive: Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

As soon as I started hearing about Maybelline The Falsies mascara I was intrigued. I'm a girl who loves lashes and whenever a new mascara comes out I have to try it. Especially when said mascara promises to mimic the look of false lashes, minus the painstakingly annoying application. 

The Experience:
The first thing I noticed was the swoop design of the brush, which reminds me a little of the Lash Stiletto brush. I tested out the mascara two ways; first by using on a bare eye, then with a whole shadow and liner job. The Falsies created amazing volume and length and I was surprised by how much my eyes stood out with nothing other than mascara. The effect was only amplified of course when I used it with a smoky eye. 

The key is in the brush, the Kera-fiber formula and and the application. This is a buildable formula, which means that you need to get the brush in close to the lash line and wiggle up to the tip and repeat until you create the desired fullness and length. You can put on 20 coats and it won't clump - this formula is amazing!

The Verdict:
Better than false lashes! Maybelline The Falsies creates long, full, feathery lashes that look like you sat and applied individual falsies to your lash line for an hour. And I love that you can create a soft daytime look or major nighttime look with the same mascara simply by adding a few coats. Pick up at drugstores for around $6.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails