Thursday, July 8, 2010

Test Drive: L'Oreal EverStrong

I'd been intrigued for some time about L'Oreal's EverStrong line, which promised to inject strength in hair in just one wash. Having fragile hair that's, ah, enhanced with bleach shall we say, I feel like my hair is constantly breaking and splitting and I was hoping EverStrong would be the solution.

The Experience:
Like its predecessor EverPure, EverStrong is free of sulfates and harsh detergents, so it won't strip or fade color. Available in Hydrate, Bodify and Reconstruct, I chose the third formula since highlighting and using heat appliances way too much had done a number on my hair. 

The first thing I noticed when applying was that my hair literally soaked up the thick, rich conditioner and I thought wow, I must have some serious damage. I was also running late that day so I skipped the smoothing serum and after blowdrying I realized I didn't even need it anyway. After just one wash my hair felt strong and had significantly less flyaways, and it's been getting better ever since.

I've also noticed significantly less breakage. Considering I'm the type who sits there forever staring at my strands and snapping off the areas of breakage I know this stuff is working.

The Verdict:
Pick up L'Oreal EverStrong shampoo, conditioner, deep replenishing mask and overnight treatment if you're looking for a gentle, non stripping formula that keeps color in tact but imparts some serious strength to flimsy strands. This works better than most salon brands I've used and it's also a major bargain at under $10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails