Monday, July 12, 2010

Five Easy Steps To A Well Rested Look

I have been busy busy lately - spending weekends away, working to the bone, actually going to the gym more than once a month, and my sleep has been sacrificed. I'm an eight hour girl, and if I get less, I look it. Since my life isn't getting any less busy anytime soon, I've had to figure out how to stay, and look, awake on minimal sleep (hint: lots of coffee and a few key products/techniques do the trick).

1. Apply concealer where needed - around nose, on blemishes/discoloration, under eyes. I've mentioned my love of Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge before so this is my go-to. Even though you'll want to, don't pack concealer on your under eye area in an effort to cover up dark circles. Instead, use an undereye brightener (I love Smashbox Photo Op - it's sleep in a tube!) and either lightly tap on top of concealer or mix with it and pat on the under eye area.

2. Dust bronzer with a hint of shimmer in a "3" motion, meaning start at the top of your forehead, come down into your cheekbone, then sweep back out around the jawline. The goal is to define bone structure and the tiny bit of shimmer perks up tired, dull looking skin. Check out Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact in Sun Bunny, which contains two shades and the perfect amount of shimmer. 

3. Apply a neutral beige shimmery shadow and skip liner, it will make eyes look smaller and the goal is to make them look big, bright and awake! Nothing beats Smashbox Eyelights in Beam for making eyes look sparkly and well-rested. Add an extra highlight on the brow bone and inner corners with Benefit High Beam (it's a liquid highlighter so just be sure to sweep on your hand then use a tiny brush to apply to inner eye corners).

4. Use a lengthening instead of a volumizing mascara, which will open up the eye area instead of make it look hooded with a thick fringe. Maybelline Lash Stiletto will do the trick.

5. Finish off with NARS Orgasm blush and a pink gloss like Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush and you'll be looking all bright and cheery, even if you could fall asleep standing up.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh love this post, I am the same way when it comes to sleep! I appreciate your tips.

    I have the Too Faced bronzer you mentioned and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know, if I have no sleep, it's pretty obvious so I've had to come up with some tricks! Isn't the Too Faced bronzer the best??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails