Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Test Drive: John Frieda Anytime Volume Refresher

Friends, have you been loving this new mass market dry shampoo trend as much as I have? It seems drugstore hair care brands are finally getting the memo here and while Klorane will always hold a very special place in my heart, I love that I no longer am condemned to a life of buying $18 cans of dry shampoo every two weeks. I recently tried John Frieda Luxurious Volume Anytime Volume Refresher - read on for the scoop.

The Experience
At first I thought this can looked mighty small - and skinny - but then I realized my beloved Klorane was 3.2oz and this is 3.5 so maybe this is some sort of optical illusion. I tried Anytime Volume Refresher two different ways: on clean hair when I wanted to inject some volume and texture and on actual, unwashed, dirty hair. First thing I noticed and absolutely loved is the complete and total lack of white powdery residue. If you're a dry shampoo vet you know what I'm talking about - the whitish cast on your roots that makes your hair look gray in pics. There was none of that here people. 

When I used this on dirty hair I was really impressed that it absorbed the greasies sans aforementioned white residue, and it definitely injected some life into my locks. This is the perfect dry shampoo to perk up second day hair, but I'm not sure I would use it on say, 4th day hair (but by that point, let's just wash shall we?). 

A quick spritz on freshly washed hair added some texture, volume and hold, so if your strands are baby fine like mine, you'll definitely be reaching for this even if you just shampooed. 

The Verdict
For under $7 this is really an amazing dry shampoo. It houses a lot of product (even though it looks like it doesn't), gets rid of the greasies, adds volume, and, say it with me, leaves NO white residue behind. I highly recommend getting into a relationship with Anytime Volume Refresher stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails