Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Red Carpet Recap: 2011 Met Ball

Nothing can resurrect my lack of posting quite like a red carpet event and the 2011 Met Ball didn't disappoint! There were some celebs who shall remain nameless with, er, some questionable choices, but a few majorly stood out in my mind. See below for my faves:

Taylor Swift
I have to admit I am usually beyond bored with TSwift's red carpet choices (same curly/wavy/crimpy looking hair left down, same short, sparkly dress) but I thought she looked phenomenal! It's unexpected (for her) and I love the texture and one shoulder. 


Kate Hudson
I know from experience it's pretty hard to look glamorous when you're this pregnant, but Kate Hudson pulls it off nicely. Love the champagne hue of the dress, subtle sparkle, and beach goddess hair and makeup. 





Blake Lively

Blake is probably the celeb whose beauty and fashion choices I most covet (side note: didn't she have red hair like 30 seconds ago? How is it blonde again already?) because she always looks perfect, polished, amazing. This dress is majorly daring and Blake pulls it off perfectly.


Dianna Agron
This dress stood out to me for its effortless simplicity - I love that Dianna didn't just throw on a sequin dress and call it a day. The neckline is interesting, the color looks great on her and the simple accessories and hair and makeup perfectly complement. 


Sarah Jessica Parker
I'm not one of those rabid SJP super fans who thinks she can do no wrong, but I definitely give credit where credit is due - this dress is perfection on her. Love the fact that she's almost totally covered between the elbow length sleeves and high neckline, but her body looks amazing in this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails