Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beauty Crush: John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist

I have a scandalous confession to make: I wash and blow dry my hair everyday. A total no no according to every stylist, but I can't help it; I just need freshly washed and blown out hair. And to top it off, I don't spray on a heat protectant.  Now that I haven't been highlighting my hair (God I hope this baby appreciates the fact that her poor mom spent 9 months walking around with drab, dirty blonde 7-inch roots) my ends have been in better condition but they still look totally frayed from the constant heat styling. 

I was majorly intrigued by John Frieda's new Full Repair line when I first spotted it while in the drugstore picking up a card. The first weightless solution for over-worked hair? Yes, please. I decided my foray into the line would be with the Perfect Ends Sheer Mist, which repairs and protects fine-textured hair damaged from high heat (cue spotlight on this girl). The key ingredient is Incha Inchi Oil, a lightweight micro-oil rich in omega-3. When I first sprayed it on my hair, concentrating on the ends, it felt like it was really sinking in. I also sprayed a little bit in my hand and then coated my ends again for extra smoothing. 

After I blew my hair dry I was impressed. It felt so soft and smooth, the ends weren't their usual bone dry self and my frizzies and flyaways were better tamed than when I used an actual frizz-reducing product. Plus, it feels super lightweight and not weighed down one single bit. My new hair care obsession. 

The line includes shampoo and conditioner, Root Lift Foam, Perfect Ends Deep Infusion (which is the counterpart to Sheer Mist, except it's for medium-textured hair) and Touch Up Flyaway Tamer. I need to own everything stat. I predict a long-term relationship on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails