Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apologies and Excuses

So as of late my posting has become a little...on the not so frequent side. So I'm offering up an apology - and an excuse! In addition to being in the process of having my site completely overhauled (I can't wait to unveil the new look to you!) I've also finally once and for all began writing my first novel. I've dreamed of writing a book since I was in fourth grade, however there has always been an excuse as to why I can't: I'm too tired, my laptop broke because I spilled water on it, I don't even know where to begin, I have no time because I work for eight hours a day (these are all genuine excuses used by me in the last few years). 

Now that the biggest hurdle is out of the way (the whole pesky full time job thing) I decided that there are simply no more excuses allowed here for why I haven't finished this novel by now. I took a fabulous seminar in Chicago back in September where the super-talented chick lit writer Kristin Harmel was instructing, so I finally had all the necessary tools, and time, that I needed to begin. So I did. And now it's pretty much taken over my life. Friends, if you aren't aware, and I certainly wasn't, the average novel is approximately 90,000 words. But, I promise to get back in the game and start posting everyday again because there really is always something new and fabulous to talk about. Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails